Dyspatch created Startup Slam in 2015 to help the community in Victoria’s burgeoning tech sector connect and share their expertise. What started as a small gathering of local startups has become an annual conference, bringing together local startups, freelancers, enterprise companies, and the public sector. Last year, over 350 students, developers, and entrepreneurs came together to make this event a success.
For 2020 we’re taking everything you’ve loved about Startup Slam online, and opening our programming up to attendees across Canada, offering them an introduction to the talent, drive, and curiosity in Victoria’s now thriving tech sector.
Our hope is that anyone working in tech, or interested in working in tech, can find value from attending Startup Slam. We work hard to ensure that our programming has something to offer attendees at any stage of their career – learning and development never stop! Here’s a look at some of the people who have attended past events:
- Those just starting a technical career as a developer looking to build their skills
- Non-technical folks who want to learn some basic technical skills (like git)
- Professional developers who want to learn from the successful (and not so successful) things their peers have tried in the past
- Product managers and designers who want to learn about best practices and new techniques
- Folks interested in founding a startup who want to learn from those who have already been through it
- Anyone interested in learning more business skills
- Those interested in networking with peers and building community
- Those who want to connect with tech companies operating out of Victoria (remote or in person) to know more about the work they do
Shoutout to the over 25 companies and organizations who have supported Startup Slam as sponsors over the years. It’s important to our vision that Startup Slam have as few barriers to entry as possible. That’s why the event is free to attend, thanks in no small part to the generous support of the tech community in Victoria.